Monday, July 2, 2012

A home for Helena, The future of WIL


A home for Helena, The future of WIL

I have been thinking  a lot about the future of Walk In Love and before I could come to any conclusions on my own, I was inspired yet again. This happy little girl is Helena. I have actually known Helena for quite some time but when I was sitting on the floor playing with her the other day something occurred to me: Helena will never go home. The future for Helena and children like her is still up in the air. Helena is very lucky to be in a place like Neema House where she is cared for and loved but one day she will have to move on to a big kid orphanage (unless Neema decides to expand into an children's home). An orphanage where she does not know anyone and they do not know her. Imagine how scared she will be. Imagine how scared you would be. With no one to tell her how much her grandparents did love her and tried for 10 months to keep her alive before making the loving decision to place her in an orphanage.I decided right then and there that I wanted to build a home for Helena. I do not want to build an orphanage for older children but a home. A home with a mama, siblings, pet goldfish named Rainbow, a back yard to play in, a kiss good night and the gentle touch of a loving mother in to wake up to. I want those things for Helena and for all the children who cannot go back to biological relatives. 








The first step to making this dream come true is getting Walk In Love registered in the United States. If I have to hire a lawyer then it will cost around $3,000. I am currently looking for a lawyer that would be willing to donate their time to register WIL. This is crucial to get the project up and running. If you know a lawyer could you please ask if they would be willing to help us. I have learned that if you never ask the answer is always no. Thank you for your kindness. Lets get this home build for Helena and children like her!


No comments:

Post a Comment