Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting registered in Tanzania

My dear friend, Isaac Kirunda, came to Arusha for a couple of days to visit and to register Walk In Love in Tanzania. Isaac registers NGO's as a side job and has successfully registered many NGO's in Uganda and Kenya, but he did not know what he was getting into when he came to Tanzania! The process in Kenya and Uganda takes only 4 days and very little hassle as long as your paperwork is all correct. Not here! We have been told it can take anywhere from 2-10 months and that includes a week in Dar Es Salaam. Isaac was a little discouraged but I let him know that I fully expected there to be delays and many hiccups along the way. Isaac worked for 2 days and completed 20 pages worth of the Walk In Love Tanzania (my official Tanzania registration name) constitution. 
I am thrilled that I was able to get a fantastic board of directors together. Myself and Jason will be on the board along with Cecile, Johan, Adam, Mama Musa and Isaac. I really wanted a board from all different walks of live and backgrounds. We have a very well rounded board and I look forward to brainstorming for upcoming projects. I could not be happier! 
I have an appointment with a lawyer on Monday. The lawyer will be able to tell me exactly what, if anything, else needs to be done before filing. I am happy that I have found a very qualified lawyer but I am a little worried about what the fees will be. I am worried about how we will pay the lawyer fees but I know that we must go forward. Registering in Tanzania is a crucial step to make sure that WIL as well as donors are protected. 
I could not be happier how everything with WIL has been going. Things are progressing very fast and I am very thankful to everyone who has supported us.  We couldn't do the work we do with you! This is only the beginning and I can not wait to see where the following months and years can take us!


If you haven't checked out our new updated website, please visit us at www.walkinlovetanzania.com.


If you are in the Kansas City area we would love to have you as a participant in the first annual Walk In Love 5K. For details go to www.walkinlovetanzania.com and look under the events tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment