Sunday, July 22, 2012

A letter from a WIL supporter


Written by Alicia Vail Studna:

Why am I so passionate about Walk In Love Tanzania? Let me count the ways! 
First, I was a single mother for 9 years, just me and my baby girl Lexi.  Not so little anymore and now I have 2 other beautiful little boys, however, I will never forget the challenges, sleepless nights and the what if’s of being a single mother and I live in the wealthiest country with a lot of opportunities! I can only imagine what the women of Tanzania go thru with less opportunity and less of a support system.  My heart goes out to them and I commend them for everything they do to keep their family together and fight to support their beautiful children! They say there is nothing that compares to a mother’s love and that is 100% correct! To hear that some of these mothers are willing to put their children in an orphanage in hopes of giving them a better life and to find someone who can give their child everything they deserve, that’s got to be the most heartbreaking decision and one only the most loving, unselfish mother could make! Unless you are a mother, it’s truly hard to even comprehend that kind of love! 
Second, I was diagnosed with a debilitating nerve condition called RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) in early 2008 and I am one of the lucky ones, I am not in a wheel chair, yet.  This condition started in my left thigh after a minor surgery on my vein to remove blood clots.  The doctor hit my sciatic nerve on accident with the laser and changed my life for good! Now legs, hips and back suffer from this condition of raging pain, burning and basically the worst pain imaginable 24/7 thru out my entire body! There is no cure, nor one in site, for this condition.  My RSD makes walking or sitting for periods longer than a few minutes very, very difficult! Daily tasks such as taking a shower or even sitting on the floor with my 1 year old typically put my body into a massive flare of nerve pain that no medication can take the edge off of.
With all that said I’d like to answer why I am so passionate about WIL and why I am asking you to participate, sponsor me or to simply make a donation whether it be $5 or $5,000,000.  I am a mother, I have a debilitating disease that makes every day life a challenge, I can sympathize with the women and children of Tanzania. I AM WALKING with 2 bad legs, 2 bad hips and a bad back because I sympathize with the women and commend them for everything they do! If they can do it, so can I! I want to help give them the same chances they deserve as human beings, the same chances we in the USA take for granted every day!  If you are a parent and have ever had the flu, you know how difficult it can be to take care of your kids when you’re too sick to get out of bed, right? Now imagine that on a daily basis! A minutely basis, that’s what these women go thru yet they press forward in some of the worst conditions. Could you?
Please give this wonderful program a chance to thrive and reach its fullest potential! Sponsor, donate, walk beside me, you really can’t imagine the difference you WILL make! Take your lunch to work this week, skip one “happy hour” and let that money go toward the best cause on the planet! 
I thank you in advance for your support and love you for the difference you ARE making!
“Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deeds”  Proverbs 19:17
“In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give then receive’” Acts 20:35

Thank you Alicia for your heartfelt letter and everything you are doing to support WIL!! We can do not do the work in Tanzania without people like Alicia. If you would also like to share why you are passionate about WIL then please email me at walkinlovetanzania@gmail.com. We would love to hear from you!

Check out our website as www.walkinlovetanzania.com

No comments:

Post a Comment