Thursday, April 3, 2014


The generosity of our WIL supporters has amazed me. My last blog finished with a fundraiser plea for children’s wellies and raincoats as well as umbrellas for the nannies and tailors. When it rains here…boy does it rain. A few days after that plea we hit our target, so tomorrow Reuben and I are heading into town. How we are going to carry 18 pairs of wellies, 17 raincoats and 11 umbrellas on the dalla dalla I am yet to work out…

Unfortunately, last week meant saying our goodbyes to Lucy C as she headed off back to the UK. She spent 3 months at the centre and achieved so much. Lucy was on the ground making sure everything ran smoothly, sourcing new sponsors and was the catalyst for enabling Eneza’s education. She never failed to make the children laugh and we all miss her! Thank you for introducing me to Tanzania and Walk In Love… we are at University together in England, and without her I would not be here now!

To say goodbye to Lucy and Happy Birthday to a few of the girls, we had a little party last Friday. This meant cake, popcorn and singing from the nannies and tailors, with Neema leading the harmonies. Their voices are very naturally beautiful and powerful. It was a really special afternoon and made me so happy to be here. 

I think I mentioned Emmy in my last post, our newest baby girl. She has suffered major trauma for such a short life, and the extent to which the death of her mother has affected her became clear last week. She was refusing to eat or drink and as result was dangerously dehydrated. Lucy rushed her to the clinic and we found out she was on the verge of needing a drip. We realised that there was only one possible solution to get her back to a healthy state fast. Emmy needed to be breast fed, and Juliana who is already nursing her baby Ema agreed to. I don’t believe this is an exaggeration- Juliana is saving Emmy’s life. So that was last week. This week, Emmy is still breast-feeding and is smiley and content. She has even been nibbling on a biscuit or two..Yay!

All that’s left for this post is to say Get Well Soon Adriana! Chicken pox sucks…
  
 


 Beautiful Emmy



No comments:

Post a Comment