Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Update Mama Zulfa: A message from Zulfa


A (very quiet and shy) message from Zulfa:
"My name is Zulfa. Thank you for sending my mommy to school. I love you. Zulfa"


Mama Zulfa is so happy and enthusiastic about attending her tailoring classes. She has been spending her days in class and at the market where she can now buy enough food for herself and Zulfa. I am really encouraging her to eat plenty so she can gain some weight and be as healthy as possible. They were both a little sick last week but have since been to the doctors and are feeling much better.

Thank you so much to everyone who has come together to sponsor Mama Zulfa for the next year! This year of training and eating healthy will forever change their lives! When I first met Zulfa her future did not look very promising. I first heard of the little girl when a volunteer was wondering what would happen to her when her mother died because she has no family. Now that is not even a question in our minds because Mama Zulfa has found her fight. She is taking her medicines, eating properly and looking forward to a future where she can support her daughter and hold her head up high!

Thank you all for your support! We could not do what we do without you.

"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."   Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment